Easily learnable interfaces lead for better user experience
An interface is intuitive if it operates just like some other software or method with which a user is familiar.
An interface feature is natural if it operates in such a way that a human needs no instruction.
Interface’s ease of use and speed of learning are not connected with the imagined properties of intuitiveness and naturalness. For example, we do not know how to use the mouse for the very first time to control the pointer on the screen. It takes us 5 seconds to learn it.
Understanding how users learn can help us design experiences that support the user throughout the entire process.
User Expectations with Mobile
- Mobile is a critical part of overall brand experience
- Usability and experience are more important to mobile app users than brand name alone
- Experience is important - mobile app users look to others for recommendations on mobile apps
- 38% are not satisfied with most branded apps
- 76% want ease of use
- 69% of users have a negative perception of the brand if the app is not helpful or useful